Expedition & Event terms & conditions
Definitions Of Wording in these terms & conditions
1. The Company means Summit Fit
2. The customer means any person, firm, company or other legal entity which places an order or buys any products or services from the company and includes the employees, servants, agents or sub-contractors of any such person, firm company or other legal entity.
3. Service means any course, accommodation or facility offered by the company.
4. Contract means a contract between the company and the customer for the provision of products or services.
5. Statutory Interest means statutory interest for the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
6. Terms and Conditions means these terms and conditions of provision.
Event & Expedition Bookings
- The contract shall be formed when the company acknowledges acceptance of the customer’s booking form and required payment.
- Participation in adventurous activities entails some risk of injury. All staff employed by the company are trained and appropriately qualified to run activity sessions and will at all times proceed in a manner to limit the risk of injury. However, customers need to accept that accidents and injuries can happen.
- Any participant under the age of 18 years must have the permission of his/her parent/guardian with legal responsibility before being able to take part in any activity/course offered by the company. The parent/guardian with legal responsibility needs to be aware and accept the risks involved in adventure activities and satisfy themselves accordingly.
- Any participant under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian with legal responsibility who must participate in the same course.
- Participants 16-17 years must have a parent/guardian with legal responsibility resident at the Centre with the participant, and in loco parentis outside of activity hours.
- Participants on Summer Camps must be aged between 12 and 17 years. A parent/guardian with legal responsibility must provide consent for the young person to participate. Mountain Training Trust will act in loco parentis in this instance.
- The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of all equipment issued for use during the activity/course. With the exception of fair wear and tear the company reserves the right to charge for equipment that has been lost or misused.
- All bookings are on the basis that the customer will, at all times, observe the safety regulations set by the company.
- The contract is subject to availability of a course place/date and the acceptance by the customer of these terms and conditions.
- Neither the company website, nor literature constitutes an offer and the company may correct any errors or omissions to its published prices at any time prior to the confirmation of the contract in accordance with this condition.
- All information is produced in good faith that it is accurate at the time of publishing.
- Any current price list replaces all previous price lists.
Event & Expedition Cancellations
- Deposits (where applicable) are non-refundable. You are advised to take out your own travel insurance when you book. This may allow you to recover prior payments (usually less an excess) if you have to cancel and the circumstances of your cancellation are covered by the insurance contract.
- Course sizes described on the website are target sizes and may be increased or decreased at the discretion of the Company. The Company gives no undertaking as to the minimum or maximum size of a course but do undertake to ensure that Leaders, Guides, Instructors and support staff are supplied in appropriate numbers to ensure the principle objectives of the course can be achieved. Similarly, Leaders, Guides, Instructors and support staff named in course descriptions, anywhere in the literature or on the website, may be changed at any time.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any course which does not have sufficient people taking part to make it financially viable, or to cancel your participation alone if not to do so would result in a financial penalty. By the same token, the Company will endeavour to ensure that a course runs if at all possible. If your booking is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances, the Company undertakes to inform you as soon as possible; this may occur after the balance due date but will not occur less than 6 weeks before the course start date
- Anyone booked onto a course which is cancelled by the Company will be entitled to a full refund or entitled to transfer to another course and no transfer fee will be payable. Should you transfer to another course any difference in price will be invoiced or credited accordingly.
- Similar cancellation terms are adopted throughout the travel industry and cover the costs of advance payments made by the Company, and the effect of your booking having prevented others from taking your place. Cancellation charges may be covered, in part, by your travel insurance provided the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of the policy.
Behaviour that disrupts the smooth running of an event may result in the disruptive customer(s) being excluded. Any damage caused to property or equipment as a result of unruly behaviour will be charged for.
The company shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of any delay or failure in delivery of any of the courses or of any of the company’s other obligations due directly or indirectly to any cause whatsoever outside the reasonable control of the company including but not limited to act of God, war, invasion, rebellion, riot, civil commotion, disorder, malicious damage, fire, flood, epidemic, quarantine restriction, strikes or other industrial disputes, unusually severe weather or energy supplies.
The Company will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the Contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the course and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; an event listed in clause 63 or any other unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the Company’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which the Company or its suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. The Company shall not be liable for any illness, injury or loss of life sustained on any course, except where such illness, injury or loss of life is caused by the negligence of the Company or its employees, nor will the Company be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property.
For all courses, you are advised to have insurance that covers you for all of the activities.
From time to time photographs taken on the Company’s courses may appear in the Company’s promotional material. If customers do not wish to be photographed please raise this with the course instructor at the time.
Property belonging to the customer is at all times the responsibility of the customer unless any loss or damage is due to any negligence by the company or its representatives.